Before you Begin
Enter and join a program with a rich history of celebrating the successes of Australian business women. The online entry will take at least seven hours. Finalists and winners agree it’s such a worthwhile investment of time and has its own rewards.
Download your entry information pack before you start. This is not your actual entry but includes the questions to help you prepare for the online entry.
DOWNLOAD ENTRY INFORMATION PACK
The entry comprises of 11 sections. The questions reflect behaviour so it’s important to provide as much detail about the background, action, outcomes and evidence of your experience, within the word count. Download the Behaviour Based Questioning Fact Sheet for more information.
DOWNLOAD BEHAVIOUR BASED QUESTIONING FACT SHEET
The 11 sections include:
- Eligibility and Categories (mainly tick box responses)
- You and Your Business (4 x short answer questions)
- The Business (5 x short answer questions)
- Sustainability (2 x short answer questions)
- Financials (approximately 4 x short answer questions, variable depending on category)
- Innovation (4 x tick box answers, 4 x short answer questions)
- Leadership (4 x short answer questions)
- Communication (3 x short answer questions)
- Values (4 x short answer questions)
- Disputes and Proceedings (tick box responses)
- Business References
What you’ll need
Only entrants in the Business Owner Award will need the following information for the Financials Section:
Financial data for the years 2010/2011, 2011/2012 and 2012/2013.
For 2012/2013 please provide financial data based either on year to date results, or based on full year estimates.
Please note: All financial information will be treated with the strictest confidence. This information will only be used for the purpose of judging your entry. This information will not be disclosed to anyone outside of this process.
If you do not complete the financial information in full, your entry will be declared ineligible and therefore will not be accepted for judging.
All hard copies of entries are securely destroyed, while electronic records of this entry will be securely stored by the Awards team for a period of 5 years for auditing and research purposes only.
If you proceed to the next stage of judging you may be asked to provide written verification from your Business Accountant that the financial information provided is accurate.
At the end of the entry you will be asked to provide details of three business referees who can be contacted for a reference check. You must first seek approval from these contacts before you enter their details, so they are aware that they may be contacted should you be short-listed for the next stage. Referees cannot be a spouse or family member.
We are seeking a holistic view of our entrants so one reference must be provided from each of the three groups below:
- Your direct manager, CEO, Chairman or Board Member and for Business Owners a business mentor is acceptable
- A professional colleague or supplier, and
- A direct report, employee or client