Terms And Conditions (Australia)
- The Telstra Business Women’s Awards (Awards) are conducted by Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556 of Level 2, 400 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000 (Telstra, we, us, our).
- In these terms and conditions of entry (Terms), unless otherwise stated, a reference to "you" or "your" includes you in your personal capacity.
- Nominated women will be eligible to enter the 2016 Awards providing all of the following criteria are met:
- She must be living in Australia and is either an Australian citizen or an Australian resident
- She is not employed by us, a Sponsor, or direct supplier of the Awards
- We do not have a financial interest in her business or organisation
- She has not been involved in the judging of the Awards in the previous 5 years
- If entering the Entrepreneur category, she will have been operating the business for at least 3 years by Friday 30 June 2016
- If entering the Start Up category, she will have been operating the business for 1 to 3 years by Friday 30 June 2016
- She did not win the 2014 or 2015 Awards
- Entrants who are aged 29 years or younger as at Friday 30 June 2016, will be automatically entered into the Young Business Women's Award.
- Instructions on how to enter are set out at www.telstrabusinesswomensawards.com and form part of the Terms.
- Entry into the Awards is deemed acceptance of the Terms.
- The Period commences when you submit an entry and ends on 31 December 2016 (Period).
- In order to enter the Awards and be eligible to win, you must:
- comply with the Terms;
- submit your entry at www.telstrabusinesswomensawards.com by midnight Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on Monday 20 June 2016. Special consideration extensions may be granted at Telstra’s discretion.
- be available to attend all Awards events and associated activities including judging days, and State and National workshops and dinners, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- We reserve the right to declare your entry ineligible if, during the Period, in the sole and reasonable opinion of us or an Awards sponsor (Sponsor):
- you are unable to represent or promote the Awards in a satisfactory manner;
- you have not complied with these Terms;
- the entry form is incomplete; or
- information provided by you is deficient, false, misleading , or provided unlawfully.
- We reserve the right to disqualify entries at any time in the event of non-compliance with these Terms.
- If, in our sole discretion, we determine that you (or if you are a business owner, your business) are/is involved in any conduct or activity in any way (including of a personal or business nature) that:
- is illegal;
- is fraudulent;
- may harm us, our name or reputation; or
- breaches these Terms,
- We do not provide feedback on entries.
- We accept no responsibility for entries not received by us for any reason.
- All entries become our property.
Awards and prizes
- The Awards comprise of the following categories (Award Categories): Start-Up Award, Entrepreneur Award, For Purpose and Social Enterprise Award, Government and Academia Award, Corporate and Private Award and Young Business Women’s Award.
- State and Territory Awards: Finalists in each of the Award Categories will be eligible to win that Award for their State or Territory. Winners of the Start-Up Award, Entrepreneur Award, For Purpose and Social Enterprise Award, Government and Academia Award, Corporate and Private Award and Young Business Women’s Award will be eligible to win the overall Telstra Business Woman of the Year Award for their State/Territory.
- National Awards: Category winners in each State or Territory will be eligible to win an Award at the national final in their respective category. Only winners of the Telstra Business Woman of the Year Award in each State or Territory will be eligible to be named the 2016 Telstra Australian Business Woman of the Year.
- If we are unable to provide a winner with a nominated prize, we reserve the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value. We accept no responsibility for any variation in the retail value of the prize pool.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Terms and conditions of use apply to the prizes, and all prizes must be claimed by 30 June 2017.
Privacy & Marketing
- We collect personal information (as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) and other information relating to your business operations in various ways, such as in the entry form, on judging days, and in speeches and interactions with the support team, in order to administer the Awards and, where appropriate, award prizes. If you do not provide the personal and business information as requested, you cannot participate in the Awards.
- By participating in the Awards (including by submitting an entry and by completing an Award-related survey), you consent for us to use and disclose your personal information:
- for the purposes set out in our Privacy Statement available at www.telstra.com.au/privacy/privacy_statement.html or by calling 1800 039 059; and
- to our related entities, business partners, agencies, Sponsors and other third parties engaged to provide services in connection with the Awards, in order to:
- market to you in any way (including by email, SMS/MMS, mail, social media and telephone (even if your phone number is registered on the Do Not Call Register));
- administer the Awards;
- invite you to be part of our initiatives including case studies, polls/surveys and business opportunities;
- improve our related entities' or Sponsors' products and services.
- You agree that your consent continues until you withdraw it by notifying us. If you wish to withdraw your consent to receive marketing material from us, call us on 1800 039 059. If you wish to withdraw your consent to receive Awards material or marketing material from our Sponsors, or to request that your personal information not be disclosed to our Sponsor in future, call the Telstra Awards Team on 1800 262 323.
You also agree that we and/or the judges or agencies may review publicly available information regarding you including on websites, social media and in media activity in assessing and judging your entry.
Promotion & Sponsorship
- If you are an Award finalist, you agree to attend all Awards presentation events and other Awards events that we notify you about, and agree to assist in promoting the Awards as required by us for the event in which you are a finalist.
- If you are an Award winner, you agree to be available for promotional appearances during the Period for us (Promotional Appearances). The Promotional Appearances will promote the Awards, us (including our products or services) or our Sponsors (including their products and services) and:
- during each Promotional Appearance you must, if requested, verbally endorse us or our Sponsors (including their products and services);
- we or the Sponsor will give you at least seven calendar days notice of the time, date and location of each Promotional Appearance; and
- for each requested Promotional Appearance, the party requesting the appearance will pay your reasonable travel and accommodation expenses
- In any promotion or endorsement of the Awards, us (including our products and services) or our Sponsors (including their products or services), you should only express opinions that are genuinely held by you.
- You agree to allow us to contact you to provide comments about the Awards and to take photos or video footage of you and your business (Materials). In relation to the Materials:
- We may use the Materials for future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to you;
- We may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials at anytime, anywhere, by any means;
- We may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;
- You acknowledge that, by entering the Awards, you grant to us on creation of the Materials a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable license to use the Materials for whatever purpose;
- You unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of your moral rights in the Materials (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and any present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given (Moral Rights);
- You waive all Moral Rights in the Materials that arise outside Australia; and
- You agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of your Moral Rights in the Materials.
- During and after the Period, we may, without compensation to you or your business, use:
- your personal identity, details about you (and, if you are the primary owner of the company, your business identity, logo and details);
- the contents of your entry form and any other materials supplied by you in connection with your entry to the Awards or the promotion of the Awards (Materials); and
- your Materials and any Promotional Appearance,
Indemnity and liability
- You will at all times indemnify, keep indemnified, defend and hold harmless us and our respective officers, employees and agents (Indemnified Persons), from and against any loss (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) or liability incurred by any of the Indemnified Persons arising from any claim, demand, suit, action or proceeding by any person against any of the Indemnified Persons where such loss or liability arose out of, in connection with or in respect of any breach of these Terms by you, and use of the Material and/or information supplied by you under these Terms.
- To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Awards including the supply of goods or services by any person to you, and where applicable to any persons accompanying you.
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We accept no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from your participation in the Awards.
- We have the right to alter or cancel part or all of the Awards at any time without notice to you.
- By entering the Awards, you agree to submit to the laws of New South Wales and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that place and the courts of appeal from them.