Terms and Conditions (Australia)
1. The Telstra Business Women’s Awards (Awards) are conducted by Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556 of Level 2, 400 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000 (Telstra, we, us, our).
2. In these terms and conditions of entry (Terms), unless otherwise stated, a reference to "you" or "your" includes you in your personal capacity.
Who can enter?
3. Entry is open to all nominated women provided the following criteria are met:
a. You are living in Australia and are an Australian citizen or an Australian resident
b. You are not employed by us, a Sponsor, or direct supplier of the Awards
c. We do not have a financial interest in your business or organisation;
d. You have not been involved in the judging of the Awards in the previous 3 years
e. If entering the Entrepreneur category, you have been operating the business for at least 1 year as of the entries closed date; and
f. You did not win the 2016 or 2017 Telstra Business Women's Awards.
4. Entrants who are aged 29 years or younger as at entries closed date, will be automatically entered into the Young Business Women's Award category.
5. We encourage all people who identify as women to apply, regardless of the gender that was assigned to them at birth.
How do you enter?
6. Instructions on how to enter are set out at www.telstrabusinesswomensawards.com and form part of these Terms. Entry into the Awards is deemed acceptance of these Terms.
7. To enter, you must:
a. Comply with the Terms;
b. Submit your entry at www.telstrabusinesswomensawards.com
c. Be available to attend all Awards events and associated activities including judging days and State and National workshops and dinners, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
8. We reserve the right to declare your entry ineligible, or disqualify your entry if, during the Period, in the sole discretion of us or an Awards sponsor (Sponsor):
a. You are unable to represent or promote the Awards in a satisfactory manner;
b. You have not complied with these Terms and/or the entry form is incomplete;
c. We determine that you or your business is involved in any conduct or any activity (of both a personal or business nature) that:
- Is illegal;
- Is fraudulent;
- May harm us, our name or reputation; or
d. Information provided by you is deficient, false, misleading, or provided unlawfully.
9. We reserve the right to disqualify entries at any time in the event of non-compliance with these Terms.
10. If we determine that you display any of the conduct at clause 8, we may withdraw any award and associated prizes that you have received. If requested by us, you agree to no longer promote yourself and/or your business as being associated with the Awards, us or our Sponsors. This clause survives the expiration of the Period.
More about the Awards
11. The Awards comprise of the following categories (Award Categories): Entrepreneur Award, For Purpose and Social Enterprise Award, Public Sector and Academia Award, Corporate and Private Award and Young Business Women’s Award.
12. State and Territory Awards: Finalists in each of the Award Categories will be eligible to win that Award for their State or Territory. Winners of the Entrepreneur Award, For Purpose and Social Enterprise Award, Public Sector and Academia Award and Corporate and Private Award will be eligible to win the overall Telstra Business Woman of the Year Award for their State/Territory.
13. National Awards: Category winners in each State or Territory will be eligible to win an Award at the National final in their respective category. All National category winners (excluding Young Business Women's Award and Business Woman in Asia Award) will then be eligible to be named as the Telstra Australian Business Woman of the Year.
14. If we are unable to provide a winner with a nominated prize, we reserve the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value. We accept no responsibility for any variation in the retail value of the prize pool.
15. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Terms and conditions of use apply to the prizes, and all prizes must be claimed by 30 June 2018.
16. We do not provide feedback on entries. We may review publicly available information regarding you including on websites, social media and in media activity in assessing and judging your entry.
17. If you are an Award finalist or award Winner you may be required to participate in promotional appearances during the Period to promote the Awards, us, or our Sponsors (including their products and services).
18. If you are an Award winner, we or the Sponsor will endeavour to give you at least seven calendar days’ notice of the time, date and location of each Promotional Appearance you are required at, and the party requesting the appearance will pay your reasonable travel and accommodation expenses.
19. In any promotion or endorsement of the Awards, us (including our products and services) or our Sponsors (including their products or services), you should only express opinions that are genuinely held by you.
What do we do with your information?
20. We collect personal information (as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) and other information relating to your business operations in various ways, such as in the entry form, on judging days, and in speeches and interactions with the support team, in order to administer the Awards and, where appropriate, award prizes. If you do not provide the personal and business information as requested, you cannot participate in the Awards. All entries become our property.
21. By participating in the Awards (including by submitting an entry and by completing an Award-related survey), you consent for us to use and disclose your personal information:
a. For the purposes set out in our Privacy Statement available at www.telstra.com.au/privacy/privacy_statement.html or by calling 1800 039 059; and
b. To our related entities, business partners, agencies, Sponsors and other third parties engaged to provide services in connection with the Awards, in order to:
i. Market to you in any way (including by email, SMS/MMS, mail, social media and telephone (even if your phone number is registered on the Do Not Call Register)), including contacting you after the Period ends;
ii. Administer the Awards;
iii. Invite you to be part of our initiatives including case studies, polls/surveys and business opportunities;
iv. Improve our related entities' or Sponsors' products and services.
22. You agree that your consent continues with us unless otherwise withdrawn. If you wish to withdraw your consent to receive marketing material from us, call us on 1800 039 059. If you wish to withdraw your consent to receive Awards material or marketing material from our Sponsors, or to request that your personal information not be disclosed to our Sponsor in future, call the Telstra Awards Team on 1800 AWARDS.
How do we promote the Awards?
23. By entering the Awards, you agree that during and after the Period, you will participate and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing activities of you and your business, relating to the Awards, including but not limited to being interviewed, videoed, and photographed. We reserve the right to use your comments, image, details about you and your company (including logo and details), the contents of your entry form and any other materials supplied by you, in connection with your entry to the Awards or the promotion of the Awards (together, the Materials) in any media in perpetuity without compensation.
24. By entering the Awards, you grant to us on creation of the Materials a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable license to use the Materials for purposes we choose in our sole discretion and that we may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same. We may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials at any time,
25. By entering the Awards, you irrevocably and unconditionally consent to all acts being done that would otherwise infringe any of your moral rights (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) in the Materials and any present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given. You agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of your Moral Rights in the Materials.
The legal section
26. You will at all times indemnify, keep indemnified, defend and hold harmless us and our respective officers, employees and agents (Indemnified Persons), from and against any loss (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) or liability incurred by any of the Indemnified Persons arising from any claim, demand, suit, action or proceeding by any person against any of the Indemnified Persons where such loss or liability arose out of, in connection with or in respect of any breach of these Terms by you, and use of the Material and/or information supplied by you under these Terms.
27. To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Awards including the supply of goods or services by any person to you, and where applicable to any persons accompanying you.
28. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
29. We accept no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from your participation in the Awards.
30. We have the right to alter or cancel part or all of the Awards at any time without notice to you.
31. By entering the Awards, you agree to submit to the laws of New South Wales and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that place and the courts of appeal from them.