Participating in the Telstra Business Women's Awards starts with a nomination. Entrants are either nominated by others who know and admire them, or they take the plunge and nominate themselves.
Before starting the entry form, nominees should check the eligibility criteria here.
Other useful links for nominees entering the Awards include:
- The Awards Information Pack guides nominees as they complete the entry form. It includes an entry overview, entry questions, and space for capturing thoughts and composing answers.
- Nominees who have confirmed they are eligible, can complete the online entry form between 26 April to 15 June 2017 by logging in here.
Find out what motivated some of last year’s finalists to go on their Awards journey – from nomination and completing the entry form to becoming a finalist and the honour of winning such a prestigious award.
What are the features of the entry form?
The entry form can only be completed online and is designed to be saved and returned to as often as needed.
To enable entrants to fully describe their business journey and achievements the entry form has 10 sections:
- Eligibility and Categories
- About You
- The Business
- Business References
- Disputes and Proceedings
For a valid entry, all the questions must be answered. They can, however, be answered in any order.
Shortlisted entrants may have to submit further details about the financial performance of their business, including a full P&L statement. All financial information is treated with the strictest confidence and only used for the purpose of judging entries. It is not disclosed to anyone outside this process.
Things to know about the entry form that may make it easier to complete:
- The entry form can't be downloaded; it must be completed online
- All entered information must be saved before navigating away from the page
- By clicking the NEXT STEP button at the bottom of the entry page, that page is automatically saved. Leaving the page without clicking NEXT STEP or SAVE will mean losing the content that's just been entered
- Once saved, the webpage can be left and returned to later
- The form can be edited at any time and as many times as necessary until the entry deadline
- The question currently being worked on is highlighted so it's easy to find
- When a question is fully completed, a tick will appear
- In the top right hand corner, a percentage figure shows how much of the entry is complete. The SUBMIT button will only work when the figure shows 100%.
- Once the SUBMIT button is hit, no more changes to the entry form can be made
- There are additional tips and hints throughout the form
If there is anything we can help you with, please call the Awards team between 9am and 7pm AEST Monday to Friday on 1800 817 536 (within Australia), +61 383 634 466 (outside Australia), or use the online enquiry form on the Contact page.
Don't think about it, just go for it! Whether you are thinking of nominating someone or nominating yourself, there's so much to gain and nothing to lose.
2015 Australian Young
Business Women's Award