The what, how and when
Participating in the Telstra Business Women's Awards starts with a nomination. Either others who know and admire you nominate you, or you take the plunge and nominate yourself.
Once nominated, to officially be part of the Awards program, nominees need to submit a completed online entry form. Entries for the 2017 Telstra Business Women’s Awards are now closed. Nominated business women will be part of the 2018 program.
Before starting the entry form, nominees should check the eligibility criteria here.
The Awards Information Pack guides nominees as they complete the entry form. It includes an entry overview, entry questions, and space for capturing thoughts and composing answers.
Find out what motivated some past finalists to go on their Awards journey.
What are the features of the entry form?
The entry form can only be completed online and is designed to be saved and returned to as often as needed.
To enable entrants to fully describe their business journey and achievements the entry form has 10 sections:
- Eligibility and categories
- About you
- The business
- Business references
- Disputes and proceedings
For a valid entry, all the questions must be answered. They can, however, be answered in any order.
If you are shortlisted you may have to submit further details about the financial performance of your business, including a full P&L statement. All financial information is treated with the strictest confidence and only used for the purpose of judging entries. It is not disclosed to anyone outside this process.
Things you should know about the entry form that may make it easier to complete:
- The entry form can't be downloaded; you must complete it online
- The information you enter must be saved before navigating away from the page
- By clicking the NEXT STEP button at the bottom of the entry page, that page is automatically saved. Leaving the page without clicking NEXT STEP or SAVE will mean you loose the content you’ve just entered
- Once saved, you can leave the webpage and return to it later
- You can edit the entry form at any time and as many times as necessary until the entry deadline
- The question you are currently working on is highlighted so it's easy to find
- When a question is fully completed, a tick will appear
- In the top right hand corner, a percentage figure shows how much of your entry is complete. The SUBMIT button will only work when the figure shows 100%.
- Once you hit the SUBMIT button, no more changes to the entry form can be made
- You’ll find additional tips and hints throughout the form
If there is anything we can help you with, please use the online enquiry form or call the Awards team between 9am and 7pm AEST Monday to Friday (see Contact page for details).
The Awards are an amazing and unparalleled experience. The application process was a very cathartic experience. It was great to be able to put all my dreams and goals on paper.
2016 Telstra Tasmanian
Business Woman of the Year