Terms And Conditions (Asia)
- The Telstra Business Woman in Asia Award (“Asia Award”) is conducted by Telstra International Limited (Company Number 31564942) (“Telstra,” “we,” “us,” “our”).
- In these terms and conditions of entry (“Terms”), unless otherwise stated, a reference to "you" or "your" includes you in your personal capacity
- Nominated women will be eligible for the Asia Award providing all of the following criteria are met:
- She must work in a corporate leadership role in the private sector in one of the following countries: Brunei, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, East Timor, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Macau SAR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam (“Eligible Countries”)
- If she is an owner, she must own less than 25 per cent share in that business
- She is not employed by us, an Awards Sponsor (“Sponsor”), or direct supplier of the Asia Award
- we do not have a financial interest in the nominees business or organization
- She has not been involved in the judging of the Telstra Business Women’s Awards held in Australia (“Australian Awards”) in the previous 5 years
- She did not win the 2014 or 2015 Australian Awards
- Instructions on how to enter are set out at www.telstrabusinesswomensawards.com and form part of the Terms.
- Entry into the Asia Award is deemed acceptance of the Terms.
- The Period commences when you submit an entry and ends on 31 December 2016 (Period).
- 7. In order to enter the Asia Award and be eligible to win, you must:
- comply with the Terms;
- submit your entry at www.telstrabusinesswomensawards.com by 12PM AEST 20 June 2016; and
- be available to attend the finalist judging and workshops in Australia from 14-18 November 2016 as determined by us in our sole discretion
- We reserve the right to declare your entry ineligible if, during the Period, in the sole and reasonable opinion of us or a Sponsor:
- you are unable to represent or promote the Asia Award in a satisfactory manner;
- you have not complied with these Terms;
- the entry form is incomplete; or
- information provided by you is deficient, false, misleading , or provided unlawfully.
- We reserve the right to disqualify entries at any time in the event of non-compliance with these Terms.
- If, in our sole discretion, we determine that you (or if you are a business owner, your business) are/is involved in any conduct or activity in any way (including of a personal or business nature) that:
- is illegal;
- is fraudulent;
- may harm us, our name or reputation; or
- breaches these Terms,
- We do not provide feedback on entries.
- We accept no responsibility for entries not received by us for any reason.
- All entries become our property.
Awards and prizes
- Eight finalists in total will be eligible to win the Telstra Business Woman in Asia Award at the international final in Australia and be named the 2016 Telstra Business Woman in Asia Award winner.
- If we are unable to provide the winner with a nominated prize, we reserve the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value. We accept no responsibility for any variation in the retail value of the prize pool.
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Terms and conditions of use apply to the prize, and the prize must be claimed by 30 June 2017.
Privacy & Marketing
- We collect personal data as defined under (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) and other information relating to your business operations in various ways, such as in the entry form, on judging days, and in speeches and interactions with the support team, in order to administer the Asia Award and, where appropriate, Asia Award prize. If you do not provide the personal and business information as requested, you cannot participate in the Asia Award.
- 18. By participating in the Asia Award (including by submitting an entry and by completing an Asia Award-related survey), you expressly consent for us to collect, store, use and disclose your personal information:
- for the purposes set out in our Privacy Statement available at www.telstra.com.au/privacy/privacy_statement.html or by calling 1800 039 059; and
- to our related entities, business partners, agencies, Sponsors and other third parties in various countries engaged to provide services in connection with the Awards (which may be both inside or outside your local country), in order to:
- market to you in any way (including by email, SMS/MMS, mail, social media and telephone);
- administer the Asia Award;
- invite you to be part of our initiatives including case studies, polls/surveys and business opportunities;
- improve our related entities' or Sponsors' products and services.
You agree that your consent continues until you withdraw it by notifying us. If you wish to withdraw your consent to receive marketing material from us, contact the Telstra Awards Team at firstname.lastname@example.org If you wish to withdraw your consent to receive Asia Award material or marketing material from our Sponsors, or to request that your personal information not be disclosed to our Sponsor in future, contact the Telstra Awards Team at [email@example.com].
You also agree that we and/or the judges or agencies may review publicly available information regarding you including on websites, social media and in media activity in assessing and judging your entry.
Promotion & Sponsorship
- If you are an Asia Award finalist, you agree to attend the Asia Award events in Australia from 14- 18 November 2016 and agree to assist in promoting the Asia Award as required by us for the event in which you are a finalist.
- If you are an Asia Award winner, you agree to be available for promotional appearances during the Period for us (Promotional Appearances). The Promotional Appearances will promote the Asia Awards, us (including our products or services) or our Sponsors (including their products and services) and:
- during each Promotional Appearance you must, if requested, verbally endorse us or our Sponsors (including their products and services);
- we or the Sponsor will give you at least seven calendar days' notice of the time, date and location of each Promotional Appearance; and
- for each requested Promotional Appearance, the party requesting the appearance will pay your reasonable travel and accommodation expenses
- In any promotion or endorsement of the Asia Award, us (including our products and services) or our Sponsors (including their products and services), you should only express opinions that are genuinely held by you.
- You agree to allow us to contact you to provide comments about the Asia Award and to take photos or video footage of you and your business (Materials). In relation to the Materials:
- We may use the Materials for future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to you;
- We may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials at anytime, anywhere, by any means;
- We may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;
- You acknowledge that, by entering the Asia Award, you grant to us on creation of the Materials a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable license to use the Materials for whatever purpose;
- You unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission by us, our contractors, agents and assignees that would otherwise infringe any of your moral rights in the Materials including the right of attribution of your work, the right not to have your work falsely attributed, the right of integrity and the right not to have your work subjected to derogatory treatment whether occurring before or after this consent is given (Moral Rights);
- You waive all Moral Rights in the Materials that arise; and
- You agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of your Moral Rights in the Materials.
- During and after the Period, we may, without compensation to you or your business, use:
- your personal identity, details about you (and, if you are the primary owner of the company, your business identity, logo and details);
- the contents of your entry form and any other materials supplied by you in connection with your entry to the Asia Award or the promotion of the Asia Award (Materials); and
- your Materials and any Promotional Appearance,
Indemnity and liability
- You will at all times indemnify, keep indemnified, defend and hold harmless us and our respective officers, employees and agents (Indemnified Persons), from and against any loss (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) or liability incurred by any of the Indemnified Persons arising from any claim, demand, suit, action or proceeding by any person against any of the Indemnified Persons where such loss or liability arose out of, in connection with or in respect of any breach of these Terms by you, and use of the Material and/or information supplied by you under these Terms.
- To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Asia Award including the supply of goods or services by any person to you, and where applicable to any persons accompanying you.
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We accept no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from your participation in the Asia Award.
- We have the right to alter or cancel part or all of the Asia Award at any time without notice to you.
- By entering the Asia Award, you agree to submit to the laws of Hong Kong and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that place and the courts of appeal from them.